North Dakota State University prioritizes and values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes the benefits that a diverse student body has on all members of the NDSU community. In accordance with SBHE Policy 820, NDSU may offer the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver to eligible incoming students in order “to promote enrollment of a culturally diverse student body, including members of Indian tribes and economically disadvantaged students, for the benefit of all students and the academic community, to promote enrollment of graduate students and research, and for other purposes consistent with an institution’s mission.”
North Dakota State University is currently reviewing awarding requirements for the 2024-2025 academic year. To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Be admitted to NDSU for the fall semester by March 15, 2024 and meet one of the following:
- New undergraduate first-year student with a 2.75 or higher cumulative high school GPA
- New undergraduate transfer student with a 2.0 or higher cumulative college GPA
- Be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How to Apply
To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, you must:
- Submit the online Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application by March 15, 2024.
- Submit the 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), indicating NDSU's school code of 002997. Information from the FAFSA is used in the awarding of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver. To be considered, you must submit your FAFSA free of errors by March 15, 2024.
Scholarship opportunities have varying deadlines and may also rely on FAFSA information for need-based awards. Be sure to submit all applications early to allow for optimal consideration. You may receive emails if you are selected for a scholarship or need to provide additional information for a scholarship opportunity.
Due to the limited number of awards available, not all applicants are guaranteed the tuition waiver. A completed application with required documentation must be completed in Academic Works by March 15. No late applications will be accepted.