Applicants to NDSU Engineering Programs

Applicants to programs in the NDSU College of Engineering are required to submit an application to EngineeringCAS (Engineering Centralized Application Service).

Current NDSU undergraduate students applying to an accelerated bachelor's to master's program are not required to submit an EngineeringCAS application. Accelerated program applicants can apply directly to the NDSU Graduate School here.

College of Engineering programs include:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the application deadline?

View your program’s deadline by clicking on the name of your program in the list above.

What is the application fee?

The EngineeringCAS application fee is $ 93.00.

Can I submit unofficial transcripts?

No. We require official transcripts prior to application review. If you attended a university outside the U.S., you may submit an official transcript or a transcript evaluation from any NACES member.

How do I submit a transcript from a U.S. university?

To request transcripts from a U.S. institution, click Order under the school name in the Colleges Attended section.

How do I submit a transcript or evaluation from a university outside the U.S.?

To request a WES evaluation, click Order under the school name in Colleges Attended section. (Evaluation must be course-by-course.)

To submit an evaluation from a different NACES-member company, ask the evaluation company to send the evaluation to (Evaluation must be course-by-course). 

Transcripts submitted directly from your university must be in an envelope that is sealed and stamped across the flap closure by the university Registrar or equivalent). Send your transcripts to one of the addresses below:

Mailing Address (if using postal service):
NDSU Graduate School
NDSU Dept. 2820
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108

Delivery Address (for courier deliveries):
NDSU Graduate School
106 Putnam Hall
1349 12th Avenue NW
Fargo, ND 58102

Can I submit unofficial test scores?

No. We require official test scores prior to application review.

How do I submit test scores?

Submit official GRE scores to NDSU Graduate School using institution code 6474 (To check if your program requires GRE scores, click on the program name in the list of College of Engineering programs above.)

Submit official TOEFL scores to EngineeringCAS electronically from Educational Testing Services (ETS) using TOEFL code #B887 or to NDSU Graduate School using institution code 6474. Paper copies are not accepted.

Ask the testing agency to send official IELTS test scores electronically or by mail to the NDSU Graduate School. Please note that the academic version is required. The general training version will not be accepted for admission.

Ask Duolingo to send official scores electronically to NDSU Graduate School.

Who can I contact if I have additional questions?

Send your questions to