Need help deciding what to study? Use Focus 2 Apply, an interactive assessment tool that suggests areas to focus your studies, majors and potential career options based on your interests, strengths and personality. Current NDSU students are encouraged to reach out the Career and Advising Center for assistance with major or career exploration.
Getting Started with Focus 2 Apply
When should you use Focus 2 Apply?
Use Focus 2 Apply as an incoming student, considering NDSU as your college of choice. The assessment results assist you in selecting a major based on your interest and strengths. Once you review your results, we encourage you to schedule a campus visit and meet with the academic department(s) to learn more.
How much time does it take to use Focus 2 Apply?
Typically, it takes under 10 minutes to complete the assessment. Of course, you can spend as much time as you like.
Access Focus 2 Apply
- Create your account by registering for Focus 2 Apply (takes less than two minutes).
- Select the assessments you would like to take. We recommend starting with the Work Interest Assessment.
- View your results and identify majors or academic focus areas you can choose at NDSU.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Use Focus 2 Apply online on any phone, tablet, PC or Mac computer ... anywhere, any time.
- Focus 2 Apply always saves your results.
- Use Focus 2 Apply as often as you wish.
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options.
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you
- Remember to save the majors and occupations that appeal to you as you review them.
- Connect with your admission counselor to discuss your results and learn more about your options.